TRUTHS AND LIES
The Truth About Hypnosis: TRUE STATEMENTS…
– Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness.
– People are always alert and awake.
– People always remain in control when they fall into a trance.
– The hypnotist needs the client’s consent to be hypnotized.
– No one stays stuck in a trance.
– People are not asleep.
– It works best on people who can visualize or imagine things easily.
– People have complete control during a session.
– I don’t practice stage or « performance » hypnosis.
– No one will feel or act like a fool.
– The hypnotist doesn’t control the person in a trance.
– It’s normal to remember everything once you come out of a trance.
FALSE STATEMENTS …
– Hypnosis puts you to sleep.
– Hypnosis strips away a person’s ability to control themselves.
– The hypnotist has special powers.
– A hypnotized person may not wake up or may stay stuck.
– It only works on people who are mentally weak.
– People can reveal their secrets.
– People may look like fools.
– People can be subject to abuse. – People may not remember anything after the session.